DNS for Golfers – 5 key areas for successful swing, I learned from Zuzana Suzan yesterday:
– Core stabilization and ability to upright and centrate
– Position of the scapulae (in abduction and adhered to the thorax)
– Thoracic spine rotation (without obstruction from overused superficial muscles)
– Hip mobility and lateral stability (full ROM and ability of rotatores to eccentrically activate and stabilize)
– Quality of the support (functional all three arches of support)
– Timing and ability of muscles to simultaneously and timely contract: eccentrically – gluts and external rotatores and concentrically – adductors, as well as 1st and 2nd oblique muscle chains as in ipsilateral pattern of rolling and oblique sitting (5 and 6 months motor development).