- Acknowledge and respect that every movement is a skill.
- Be present and purposeful in your movements. Don’t be distracted.
- Try not to overly rely on external coaching. Spend more time listening to your body.
- Prioritize skill practice and acquisition over the pursuit of numbers. Master the skills that drive the process and the results will follow.
- Utilize muscle activation drills to teach yourself what muscle activation feels like. Practice using that new feeling while performing more complex movements.
Cited from: https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/motor-control-and-movement-patterns-a-must-read-for-athletes